Challenge Rules

Monday, February 4, 2013

Challenge #9: Birthday Cards

Time to change it up from Valentine's Day projects.  This ninth challenge is to show us your SVG (or similar) file created Birthday Cards.  We are so happy you've joined us and can't wait to see what you've created. 
BIRTHDAY CARDS

Prize for this challenge is a $5 Gift Certificate for SVG files
from the Creative Pointe's ON LINE STORE.
You'll find over 100 SVG files/sets available for all your paper crafting projects.
Winner will be randomly chosen from all submissions.

One extra special entry will receive the"Creative Choice" button.


Ready for some inspiration? Let's take a look at what the Design Team created using SVG diecuts. For detailed information and/or instructions, please click on their blog link.

Victoria from PAPER SQUIRREL created this lovely card using the  ROLLED ROSES file.  She says:  "We always need birthday cards on hand, right?  What a perfect challenge theme to inspire us all to get re-stocked!  I love the look of rolled paper flowers, but the technique eluded me.  For this challenge, I gave them another shot.  And did some YouTube research first!  So now, I'm pretty embarrassed because these are seriously so EASY!  Using The Creative Pointe's "Rolled Roses" SVG set made it even easier since I could cut multiple sizes all at once."

Shelissa from SHELISSA'S CRAFT STUDIO created this yummy card for her Mom's birthday using the MOM HEART CARD file. She popped up the heart using an action wobble.

Pam from MZLAVR2's CREATIONS created this elegant card using the SHELLS file, paper from Colorbok & MME, jute ribbon from My Life in Arts’ n Crafts’ store. Other cutting file from the Silhouette Studio store.

Carolyn from GRANNY MA's CREATIVE BLOG" created this cute shaped card using the TEA CUP CARD.  She says:  "Using the Silhouette Cameo Studio Design Edition, I created a print and cut of the tea bag tag and the flowers I printed on yellow cardstock and using the same software, print and cut the cup shape.  Taking the flowers I print and cut from the MyMemories Suite software.  I 'attached' the string by a colored staple to the tag and glued the string to the card."

Tina from TINA'S SCRAP CORNER created this great "guy" card using vehicles from the CAR SET.  She says: "This card was especially made for my son’s birthday. It has 2 cuts from Creative Pointe’s Car Set (perfect for a masculine card).  I used 2 of the classic cars, side view and a front view. I also used the side view car on the inside of the card too, you’ll see that over at my blog. The Create Pointe SVG files are so easy to use and it’s all there for you.  This card took 2 hours from beginning to end to put together. Fantastic!"

Cindy from THE CREATIVE POINTE made her card have a "south of the border" feel by using the margarita glass from the MEXICAN FIESTA set.  She says, "I'm deep in the snow belt up here in northern Michigan so I wanted to create something that reminded me of summer....and this colorful card was the result!  I added lots of texture and have all the design details on my blog for you."


Octavia from T's CORNER FOR SCRAPPIN' created a star studded card using the MOVIE SET.  She also used manilla card stock, silver paper and Silver Stayz-On. She says:  "It's a Birthday card for an award winner!"

Now it's your turn!  Upload your Birthday card created with any SVG (or similar) file and your electronic cutter....you just might be the winner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment